Beef meatballs with tomato sauce (2 people)
400 g ground beef without fat ½ bunch parsley or dill 2 eggs 1 onion 1 garlic clove ½ grated carrot 1 slice of wholemeal bread salt, pepper
For the tomato sauce: 500 grams of fresh tomatoes 1 large onion ½ cube of beef broth, salt and pepper 1 teaspoon of garlic powder 1 tablespoon Xylitol
Preparation (50 minutes)
- In a large bowl, your minced meat, the grated carrot, grated onion, parsley or chopped dill, crushed garlic, the slice of wholemeal bread quickly wet in cold water then wrung out, the two eggs, salt and pepper.
- Then make small meatballs and arrange them on a plate, containing fresh herbs chopped in quantity and roll your balls in them.
- Cook them first in a skillet Téphale without fat or broth, so that they are well gilded on all sides.
- In a saucepan, melt 1/2 cube of beef broth in 5 to 6 tablespoons water, until boiling. Add the peeled tomatoes (which you dip for two minutes in boiling water to remove the skin) and cut into 8, the 2 onions cut into small cubes, salt and pepper, a little garlic in powder, dill or chopped parsley, then cover and cook over very low heat, adding more water if necessary, for 10 to 15 minutes;
- Then pass all to the mixing arm, and bring back to the boil, then add to this tomato sauce, your meatballs. Cook another 5 minutes.