Apple pie and custard (1 person)
2 filo pastry sheets, 1 apple, a dash of lemon juice, cinnamon and a teaspoon of Xylitol.
Preparation (5 minutes without the custard)
- Peel your apple, then grate it like a grated carrot!
- Add a pinch of xylitol, a pinch of cinnamon and a dash of lemon juice to the grated apple, then put the mixture over a fine strainer and press to drainto drain, or wring the mixture by hand, discard the liquid.
- Fold your 2 filo pasty sheets corner to corner twice, so you now have two triangles.
- Place your apple mixture in the centre of the first triangle then cover with the second to make a parcel.
- Place a small dry frying pan over a low heat then add your parcel, carefully press the edges together so they stick
- Let brown for two minutes on each side, put on a plate, sprinkle with a little cinnamon and Xylitol and enjoy.
Chefs tip: This fabulous and light dessert, can be served with light custard.(see recipe below)
Light custard recipe: (2 servings) * custard can only be kept in the fridge for 2 days!
Ingredients: 7/20 liter of 0% fat milk or the equivalent of a tall glass, 2 egg yolks, 1 vanilla pod, 35 g of Xylitol.
Preparation: (20 minutes)
- Cut your vanilla stick in half lengthwise and remove the seeds with a teaspoon. Put the milk, the vanilla seeds and the two cut pieces of the pod in a saucepan and bring to the boil.
- In the meantime, whiten your egg yolks with Xylitol, then whish in a large bowl. Then pour the vanilla milk that has slowly boiled into the eggs and whisk until a layer of white foam forms on the surface.
- Pour everything into a saucepan that you put on the fire in a pan half filled with water (bain-marie). The mixture should cook very slowly over low heat, keep stirring the mixture until it thickens and laps the spoon.
- Then place in an airtight glass jar, let cool and place in the fridge.